Organised by Dumfries & Galloway Farmers’ and Community Markets Association, this event is open to ALL D&G food and drink producers and craft workers, and to farmers’ market organisers. People who aspire to trading as a producer or crafter as well as prospective market organisers are also most welcome.
The event will comprise of:
- An update on the last 2 years of the DGFCMA marketing project, including an update on social media opportunities
- A presentation from Wilma Finlay on the process of moving from being an artisan producer to manufacturer. She’ll talk us through margins, business development and branding
- An insight on what we learned from the DGFCMA trip to Borough Market
- Your chance to input into the next phase of DGFCMA, including how we use our Community Food Fund grant which has just been approved
- DGFCMA’s AGM – which will be very simple and quick
Why should you attend?
- Fantastic opportunity to network – this is perhaps the most valuable aspect of the day
- To share knowledge and experience – this year all our speakers are from within D&G’s own food and craft sector, the presentations and workshops will be interesting and relevant to most local businesses
- An opportunity to influence decision making for DGFCMA – we’re very open to ideas and suggestions!
- Yummy local food for lunch!
Producers & Markets Event takes place on Wednesday 5th March at Cream o’ Galloway Visitor Centre, from 10am – 4pm
Registration is essential for catering purposes. To register attendance please contact Margaret Vaughan Mwbvaughan@aol.com or phone 07725 326635